Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tomato Plants and Peppers

Well, the growing of veggies is underway and I wanted to share some of the progress of my little patio garden.

There are lots of smaller green peppers on their way, but this one is the largest so far.

These are the cherry tomatoes!! I can't wait for them to start turning red!!! Have you ever smelled a tomato plant? I can't describe the scent, but it reminds me of summer. Each time they're watered it brings me back to my childhood (:

I'm using dowels left over from a project to stake the vines. It's working for now, but I'll need to go hiking in the woods to collect some longer branches as the plants grow taller

So many more new tomatoes growing, growing, growing!! Each cluster has at least 11 tomatoes and it will be exciting to see how much will be harvested when all is said and done.



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails