Monday, March 1, 2010

Celebrating The Festival of Colors - Holi

I feel so blessed to live in a city of many cultures. It's so neat to walk down the street and within a span of a few minutes hear more than 6 different languages spoken. Today was a reminder of that blessing. While out and about in my apartment complex I saw several of my neighbors from India and their friends celebrating The Festival of Colors and they included me in the process! So fun!!

Holi is a carefree festival to welcome in Spring and to celebrate the triumph of good over evil, letting go of inhibitions and embracing the beauty around. So lovely...much like what my journey is about this year and so fitting to be included in such an occasion. A little God wink there (:

The day is spent smearing colorful powders all over each other's faces, throwing colored water at each other, having parties, and dancing under water sprinklers. I love to experience the traditions of others and am so glad I was asked to join in on the celebrating!

What started out as an ordinary day, quickly blended into a colorful and eye opening awareness that my journey is not simple or bland. This day God helped me to focus on the beauty of another tradition...the beauty in the differences...the beauty of color...the beauty of getting messy and letting go of inhibitions...the beauty of loving others...the beauty of being me.



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails