Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Day Fun

New Year's Day was the first day in my New Life Plan journey and a busy one. Mom and I visited a friend of ours, Debbie, and spent most of the day laughing, talking and taking down Christmas decorations. I missed her Christmas party a few weeks back and did not want to miss the holiday splendor she puts up each year, so we decided to make a day of it including an organic healthy feast!

Debbie has the most beautiful home and it's such an inspiration!! Her haven is lovingly designed with a swirl of cherished heirlooms, hand-me-downs and new pieces that all fit together in a perfect blend. We had a ball looking at the "before" and "after" photos and the changes were remarkable. Debbie is so talented and a joy to be around.

Design inspires me and visiting her cozy haven started the wheels turning the minute I entered the space! But strangely enough it also gave a greater appreciation for my own home. I've been apartment living now for about 12 years and had no idea it would be this long, but no matter where my abode may be I try to make it my own with paint, accessories, art and love. Coming home after our visit solidified the fact that I had truly made this apartment into a home.

Debbie's house has so many of the things I'll be incorporating into my own one day right down to the gardens, hardwood floors and circle driveway. Sometimes when you come away from a space with such great design it can be pretty easy to look at your own digs and wish they were something else. But for the first time I looked around my apartment and realized it had become a home haven (a home that naturally reflects your true spirit). That evening I snuggled into the sofa with a blanket, a great book, with my sweet dogs by my side and felt blessed to be in such a lovely place.



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails