Monday, January 18, 2010

Week Two Update

Last week's focus areas were Health, Spirituality and Passion.

For Health I've added green smoothies to my morning breakfast routine. This is something I do quite often, but have not been diligent about having one every morning. My favorite recipe for a green smoothie is...

~ 1/4 cup goji berries
~ Frozen berries (any combination of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
~ 1 lemon
~ Plain yogurt
~ Honey to taste
~ TONS of baby spinach
~ Water to blend

I have meditation CD's that have been sitting my library for several years and now they're back out of the shadows to be used again. I begin each day with Bible study, prayer and meditation, but these CD's have helped take things to a whole new level.

I've also set up an altar. It's a sacred space where I go to meet God to meditate/pray and center myself before Bible study. For me setting up an altar has helped me to get in the zone. By simply going through the motions of lighting a candle and sitting in the same place it jump starts things and takes less time to leave the outside distractions behind. It could be your favorite chair, your bed, a quiet room of your home, even a simple rug in the corner of the room...anywhere! I'll post later this week on how to set up an altar for yourself.

Establishing a morning routine has affected two areas - Spirituality and Organization. Here's a great post by Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking. She discusses the "Maximize Your Mornings" ebook and how it works for her. So good! I immediately downloaded it and put it into action. It's made a huge difference in how my day flows.

I've always wanted to join a book club, but could never find one that was substantial...you know, not a fluffy kind of book club, but one that makes you think. When I found out my church was beginning a study of "The Shack" by William P. Young I immediately signed up. I'm so glad I did!! Not only is it a great place to meet new friends, but it reminds me of college days. I love to learn, especially with in-depth, out-of-the-box studies and this book club has not disappointed!!



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails