Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week Four Update

This past week has been more of a hibernating time with Simplicity and Passion being the focus. The cold, cloudy weather brought out soup pots for homemade recipes, hot cocoa and books! The main "mind candy" for me has been "The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living" and I've really enjoyed delving into the pages. It's a mindful read that gets you thinking about why you do the things you do. It's not so much about living without, but about thinking through choices that create future possibilities...and the possibilities are different for each person. So good!!!

On the Passion forefront, I've always wanted to learn how to knit, but don't know a soul who knows how. So during prayer time I asked for God to guide me to a person or group that has a love for knitting. Sure enough, the next day I met a lady who was thinking of starting a beginner's knitting class, but wasn't sure if anyone might be interested! Turns out she's right in my neighborhood and has already found several others who would like to join and things are in motion to begin within the next couple of months!

I'm learning to declare the desires of my heart more. This week has helped to show that all I have to do is put the desire out there and if it's right for me then God will bring things together. I don't have to make things work or search and search for just the right thing...I declare, I do my part and then believe God for the rest.

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." ~Psalm 37:4



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails