Thursday, May 20, 2010

The 2010 She Speaks Conference

In the last couple of posts I mentioned how God has been sending me on yet another surprising journey. This year has been about moving dreams off the back burner, getting back to basics and listening to the still small voice that wants to guide me to my full potential. Well, when you ask for something, get ready!

For the past several years I've felt God calling my heart to write. So many titles and ideas seemed to leap from the quiet corners of my mind, but I had no idea where to begin. I decided to keep a journal of sorts to log the thoughts when they would appear and assumed this would be a life work that would take form 10 or 20 years later down the road. You see, I'm not a writer. English was not my major in college and I'm grammatically challenged on most days (:

But over the last few months three books have taken shape with such force that the possibility of releasing them into the world has now gotten my attention. I contacted a friend who is a writer and she suggested attending the She Speaks Conference - She Speaks is a life-changing conference for women seeking to explore the tug on their hearts to reach out to the world for Jesus. Hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries for the past nine years, She Speaks encourages and equips women as they communicate God's Word through writing, speaking and leadership.

I hopped over to the site to see when the 2010 conference might be and it just so "happens" to fall on July 30 - August 1. Not only that, but it's being held only 25 miles away from my home! With funds low and wondering how God is going to bring this around, one of the ladies working with the convention suggested raising scholarship funds.

Each year many of the women who attend do so by raising their own scholarships, whether partially or in full. Some post info on their blogs and facebook while others reach out to their church family and community. The testimonies are amazing of how God provides.

And so I'm stepping out in faith yet again. God has placed a calling on my heart to attend She Speaks in 2010 and I trust He will financially provide a way to go. Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship that will allow me to attend?

As you feel led to join in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate. You can call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:

Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Michele Yates
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill RoadMatthews, NC 28105

Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name (Michele Yates) in order to credit my scholarship fund. You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation. Visit the She Speaks site for more information. I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much and could not do this without you being a very important part.

"She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails