Monday, October 18, 2010

Stuck in the Studio

This Pottery Barn room idea is the inspiration for my studio woes. It's a small studio with LOTS of stuff (much of it unnecessary) and over the last many months I've been purging, organizing and imaging the day when I can walk in and use it as a functioning space. Who knew it would take this long!!

Now that the busy season is well on its way, this project has been placed on the front burner. A work zone that works for me, not against me is the target (;

I love this office too with the neutral tones and touches of red...the light alone in this shot makes we want to crawl in the photo and begin working on new designs! Wouldn't it be great if we could just blink and our rooms would be ready for use? But alas...what would be the fun in that, eh?

This green is the same shade on my walls right now. Because the area is so small, it makes things quite dark. I'm adding beadboard in white to lighten it up just like they have here, plus it serves a function - a place to hang and organize items.

So, are your spaces organized and ready for the holidays? How does your work zone fare this time of year? Do you have any tips or suggestions...I'd love to hear them (;



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...

Linking to: Simpsonized Crafts, Tip Junkie, Bobbypin's Boardwalk, Today's Creative Blog
Related Posts with Thumbnails