Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Change

My Mother's favorite saying is "No one likes change but a baby with a dirty diaper." How true, how true. We get set in our patterns and when they're challenged, even when we're the one initiating the change, the balance we're used to throws us back for a loop. We regroup, make the needed tweaks in our plan and move forward. I'm not sure what it is about this week, but I feel changes are ahead and it's not the type I was anticipating when this year challenge began. It's the kind that brings sadness.

We've had a lot of transition within the last few years in our family and it can throw you off kilter if you let it. 2007 my father passed away, Mom fell deathly ill that same year and almost died and then 2008 brought the death of both of my Grandmothers during the Christmas holidays. 2009 was about healing, recovery and doing things in a different way, but now I find myself feeling that same "changing" sense from the previous years flooding my spirit again.

We all face moments of change...sometimes everyday. The key is to have a consistent foundation of some sort. Faith has been that consistency for me. No matter what craziness may be fluttering about, I know that God has things under control. It may be messy and not so pleasant at times, but just knowing He's taking care of things brings comfort.

If you're going through a time that seems to be coming at you from every side, know that even during these unsettling moments you have a soft place to fall in a Father who cares. You can come to Him at any time and He will hold your heart through it all.

"I am not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Jesus Christ." ~ Philippians 4:6-7



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails