Monday, July 19, 2010

Makeover Monday - Backsplash Results

I was really surprised at how quickly this project progressed! The only challenging part was cutting the pieces to fit around the outlets. As you can see they aren't quite straight which meant cuts with slight angles, but the scissors worked just fine to shave away tiny bits of wood.

I know...it looks pretty bad at this point, but just wait. It gets better (: Any gaps around the outlets and "tiles" were filled in with vinyl spackle and I used my hands to rub off any excess.


Ah, the last little bit...I started off using tile adhesive, but it took too much time to apply the right amount to each ruler so I switched over to wood glue. Worked even better!

Some white paint and a wash of glaze is all that's needed. Check back next Monday for the final results!!



New to The Homesteading Apartment? Don't miss a post and subscribe here...
Related Posts with Thumbnails